ZAM’s Turkey (stuffing) Balls
Four cups stale bread coarsely crumbled
1 C. Chopped Walnuts
½ C. Chopped celery
½ C. Chopped parsley
¼ C. Finely chopped onions
½ C. Butter
½ t. Salt
¼ t. Pepper
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1/3 Cup Turkey or chicken broth (approximate)*
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Sauté onion in butter until translucent
- Add celery, parsley, walnuts, salt and pepper
- Pour mixture over bread crumbs and stir until combined
- Add egg.
- Add enough broth just to moisten crumbs for shaping into balls about the size of golf balls.
- Bake stuffing balls 15-20 minutes – until Golden Brown and Delicious (and steaming inside.)
Makes around 8 balls.
250 calories per ball.
*Mom was a vegetarian, so she used to substitute vegetable broth and/or vegan butter and used an egg substitute and it turned out fine.
ZAM Family Creamed Corn
Warning: This recipe is not for the faint of heart. It makes a LOT of creamed corn and it’s chock full of calories. This is our once-a-year, balls-to-the-wall side dish treat, and it has served 16 with leftovers.
6 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (approximately 48 oz.)
8 oz. heavy whipping cream
8 oz. milk
1 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 T. butter
2 T flour.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter then add flour. Cook for one minute just to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Add cream, milk, salt, sugar, cayenne. Whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken.
- Add corn, and bring to a simmer.
Serves approximately 16
150 cal per serving.